Present: Kathy Head (Chairman), Catherine Bacon (Secretary), Derek Phoenix (Treasurer), Mary Cooper, Sue Loder Vagg, Sue Ayres, John Davies, Ana Collingridge, Ann Cossins (intermittently)
1. Welcome by Kathy; Apologies: None
2. Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
3. Matters arising: Mostly dealt with at recent committee meetings;
Carried over to be addressed in Spring 2021: Suggestion for Crewkerne in Bloom, South West in Bloom Gold Award Winning badges for local businesses to use.
Catherine to continue liaison with U3A
4. Correspondence: None
5a. Chairman’s Report: Review of Year read by Kathy (previously circulated to committee, minor revision passed by all.)
5b. Treasurer’s Report: Read by Derek.
Balance as at 31st October 2018-19 £1,521
Balance as at 31st October 2019-20 £1,352
Copies of both reports to be sent to Veronica Chard and Town Council and are available on request from the Secretary.
6. Friends of CiB Report: Payments have been made by 13 Friends. Friends defined as supporters but not workers. Annual membership now starts each April and members to be advised it is renewable. New leaflet to be produced. Suggestion from Sue A for various membership rates backed by social media publicity - to be further discussed, also possibility of co-operation/discounts with local businesses
7. Election of Officers as follows:
Chairman – Kathy Head
Treasurer – Derek Phoenix
Secretary – Catherine Bacon
Minute Secretary – Sue LoderVagg (& Editorial)
Committee – Mary Cooper (Plant Advisor) Sue Ayres (Communications), John Davies, Ana Collingridge
8. Any other business
Christmas cards going well. Kathy to send on behalf of CiB to Catherine Bond & Katherine Crouch
Good sales of our hyacinth bulbs at The Veg Shed
Christmas tree to be decorated at Church December 15th/16th
9. Date of next AGM: Provisional 25th November 2021